During the recent Fall Meeting and Retail Summit, Linda Edwards, Esq., a member of the Employment & Labor team of Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, hosted a session focused on the recent federal Department of Labor overtime regulations to clarify the issue for members and what it could mean for your business. We felt her presentation, and the implications on Georgia businesses, were important enough for us to record and share with our entire GRA membership. So below is a link to her comments, powerpoint and questions from membership. We hope you’ll find this helpful as you prepare your business accordingly:
What is covered?
- The Major provisions of the FLSA
- How to properly classify employees
- Major misconceptions about the FLSA
- Best practices for complying with existing and new rules
- The benefits of an proactive FLSA audit.